As 2015 comes to an end, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite quotes from the outstanding women who have provided me with inspiration in 2015. It has been a great year for woman leadership and these inspirational quotes are here to remind you of that.
1. Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO
And those told they're chatty should be acknowledged for their great communication skills instead.
2. Misty Copeland, Ballet dancer
Misty Copeland made history as the first African American Female Principal Dancer with the prestigious American Ballet Theatre.
3. Ariana Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post
Thank you Arianna for this inspiring statement!
4. Malala Yousafzai, Activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate
Youth heroine Malala reminds us that education is key.
5. Drew Gilpin Faust, President at Harvard University
On that note, next year might bring the first woman president of the US! Oops, I mean the 45th president, who might happen to be a woman.
6. Michelle Obama, First Lady of the United States
Mrs Obama never fails to inspire.
7. Emma Watson, Actress and activist
Courage and strength are not men's attributes more than they are women's.
Frau Merkel's nomination as Time's Person of the Year gives all women confidence that they can be great leaders.
9. Sarah Silverman, Actress
More pragmatically, it is about time to bridge the gender pay gap!