Keeping the flame alive in any relationship takes work. But after decades together, we sometimes forget to show our partner they're still appreciated. But it's the little things that make -- and keep -- a marriage happy.
We asked our friends and Facebook fans to tell us what their partner still does decades later that keeps them feeling sexy and loved. You'll want to take notes.
1. He/she still holds your hand in public.
Sex isn't the only way to be intimate. Holding hands in public not only shows you're proud to be with your partner, but it also sends a reassuring message to them, proving you really are in everything together.
2. He/she puts down what they're doing and makes eye contact with you when you're talking to them.
In our tech-addicted world, this is a tough one, which makes it even more meaningful. "We look AT each other when we speak -- and we do NOT roll our eyes (even mentally) because we know that every moment MATTERS," reader Joyce Curtis said.
3. He/she hugs you spontaneously.
Life can get routine. There's nothing better than knowing your S.O. still has the hots for you all these years later. Plus, who doesn't appreciate surprises?
4. He/she still calls you by your pet name.
OK, OK, we know not everyone is a fan of this one. But for some, knowing that they're still "sweetheart" or "honey" all these years later is meaningful.
5. He/she always picks up your favorite candy/food from the store.
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. It's also the way to a woman's heart. There's nothing like knowing that Reese's Pieces remind your darling of you so much, they just have to pick them up for you.
6. He/she calls from work just to say hello.
There's no better way to say, "I'm thinking about you."
7. He/she still says good morning or good night.
Early in a relationship, waking up next to your bed buddy and falling asleep in his or her arms can be one of the most exhilarating things ever. If your spouse still makes an effort to do this -- it's their way of telling you, there's no one they'd rather be with.
8. He/she compliments the same recipe you've been serving up for years and still devours it like it's the first time they're having it.
Appreciation is oh-so-important in any relationship. It also doesn't hurt if they brag about your cooking.
9. He/she lets you have the remote and choose what the two of you are watching.
Congratulations! You've officially won the relationship lottery.