Days seem endless with babies and toddlers, but the fact is they really fly by. Before you know it you will have a tween. Here's a peek at what you can expect to miss and what you have to look forward to.
You're Gonna Miss...
1. Being able to hold your child on your hip.
2. Being able to pick up your child at all.
3. Nap time.
4. Homework free nights.
5. Spelling out certain words not meant for little ears.
6. Kisses and hugs when you drop off at school.
7. Halloween costumes.
8. Freedom to read a bedtime story and skip paragraphs. Once they can read, you're busted!
9. A stroller aka... your own personal shopping cart.
10. The way small ones mispronounce new words.
11. Those few hours to yourself after your kids go to bed.
12. Picking out their clothes. They will have their own opinions. Soon.
You're Gonna Love...
1. Walking freely without the fear of tripping over Legos.
2. No more Caillou, Dora The Explorer or Thomas The Tank Engine.
3. Kids who can wipe their own bottoms.
4. Kids who can shower themselves.
5. Staying in bed on a weekend while your son gets his own breakfast.
6. Chores with kids old enough to do them well.
7. Leaving home with only a pocketbook.
8. Having an actual conversation that doesn't include "making up a story."
9. Not having to run home in the middle of the day for a nap.
10. Traveling without car seats, pack n plays and blow up bathtubs.
11. Kids who can write their own thank you notes.
12. Days that don't include Gymboree or any other class conducted in a sing-songy voice.