Ok, chicadees, your loving prof has a confession to make.
Here it is:
I am a junk. Food. Junkie.
Ask anyone who knows me.
I can't even buy snacks because I will eat them -- all of them -- in a single sitting. I just can't do it.
But I have some good news. The first step is realizing you have a problem. The second step is:
So I'm going to share this recipe for an extremely quick snack. Believe me: Your cafeteria does not have snack options as healthy as this (unless you count plain fruit as a snack, which I do not. Plain fruit is an obligation. Like vegetables.)
- 1 organic dark chocolate bar (try to find the highest percentage you can -- the higher, the healthier)
- Fruit of your choice (in my case, 1 apple and half a peach)
- Crushed nuts (in my case, cashews)
- Sea salt
- Melt the chocolate bar slowly, in a pot. No stove? Use the microwave.
- Cut your fruit into small slices.
- Drown the fruit in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with crushed cashews and sea salt.
- Let cool.
Et voila: This snack is seriously delicious, and I didn't even eat it all in one sitting. Probably because all that fiber from the fruit had me feeling full in no time.
I knew fruit was good for something. But don't be fooled. I finished off this bad boy for breakfast the next day. And because it was fruit, I did not feel at all guilty about it.
For more easy recipes, check out my recipe link!
Hey! Come hang with me! www.heycollegekid.com