TMZ has obtained a report from the Weld County Coroner in Colorado, which ruled that actress Amanda Peterson died from an accidental drug overdose.
Peterson, who was best known for her role opposite Patrick Dempsey in the 1987 teen movie "Can't Buy Me Love," died at the age of 43. Her body was discovered in her home in Colorado home on July 5 after her family hadn't heard from her in two days.
According to the toxicology report the actress had several prescription drugs in her system including, anti-psychotic medication,anti-anxiety medication, opiates and marijuana at her time of death.
The coroner additionally noted in the report that Peterson was self-medicating with morphine to control pain and died of respiratory failure brought on by a "morphine effect."
Also on HuffPost: