“Publicly, he’s pretending the virus has passed. Privately, he’s living in a biological bunker,” Cooper said of Trump, noting how the president gets “more tests for the virus than probably anyone else in this country, if not in the world.”
“He’s as sanitized and protected from the virus as anyone can be and in the midst of that epicenter of sanitation, he is encouraging everyone else, don’t follow the guidelines,” the news anchor continued.
“Publicly, he’s flouting all of those guidelines, except the one about hand washing,” Cooper added. “He’s washing his hands of all of it.”
Check out Cooper’s comments here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.