“For a man who seems to have strength and power, have you heard someone as allegedly powerful and strong as he claims to be — have you ever heard someone whine as much as this man?” asked the host of CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360.”
In his stinging monologue, Cooper referred to an interview between Trump and Axios’ Jonathan Swan, in which the president callously dismissed the U.S. coronavirus death toll and said, “It is what it is.”
The news anchor took Trump to task over his claim that the virus is “under control, as much as you can control it.”
“Mr. President, no, it is not,” Cooper said. “It is not under control and certainly not as much as you can control it.”
“An entire block of your voters think that mask mandates are an affront to personal freedom. And this president has encouraged that thinking,” he continued, adding, “If it was anybody other than the president of the United States doing that, you would think that’s criminal.”
Check out Cooper’s monologue here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.