MacDowell, the model and “Groundhog Day” star who was promoting her new film “No Man’s Land,” explained that she converted the plastic wrapping on her new massage table into extra protection against COVID-19.
At first, she joked about the idea of covering herself with a giant plastic bag, but then found herself using it in airports and on airplanes. She demonstrated to Corden with the actual bag. She said she wore a mask as well, and left an opening in the bag so she wouldn’t suffocate.
“I just did not care what people thought,” said MacDowell, who noted that a little boy laughed at her recently.
“Can you imagine how crazy I must look with a damn plastic bag completely over me?” she asked.
To which Corden replied: “You know what? I can ... I’m all for staying safe, but I think when you’re traveling in bags, you’ve got to really ask whether the trip’s worth it.”
Watch the fun exchange below and stick around to find out why MacDowell might do mushrooms.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)