Andy Serkis is going there and back again, and there again, and back again.
In an effort to help those struggling during coronavirus isolation, Serkis, aka Gollum himself, has embarked on an unexpected 12-hour journey to read “The Hobbit,” live, cover to cover.
Serkis’ effort kicked off Friday at 5 a.m. By the time you read this, he’s already been at it for hours. You can watch live and also donate through Serkis’ GoFundMe page.
It’s the live reading to rule them all:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.