MEDIA

Angelina Jolie 'Potential' Witness In Phone Hacking Lawsuit

Angelina Jolie looks to the media as she leaves a G8 Foreign Ministers meeting on sexual violence against women in London, Th
Angelina Jolie looks to the media as she leaves a G8 Foreign Ministers meeting on sexual violence against women in London, Thursday, April, 11, 2013. The ministers are meeting in London as Britain currently holds the G8 Presidency, with the heads of government G8 meeting set for June in Northern Ireland.(AP Photo/Alastair Grant)

Angelina Jolie could be the newest witness in Britain's ongoing phone hacking trial.

Jolie's stunt double, Eunice Huthart, sued News Corp. in June claiming that the newspaper had hacked her phone and intercepted her voice mail messages. Among those messages were confidential conversations with Jolie, Huthart alleged.

She listed Jolie among her "potential witnesses" in the lawsuit, according to the Hollywood Reporter on Friday.

Huthart told THR that she believes the newspaper's interest in her "derived entirely from her personal and professional relationships to celebrities, such as Jolie and Brad Pitt, which are a product of her Hollywood-based career." Jolie could potentially testify to defend Huthart's claim that her "discretion and trustworthiness were compromised" by the hacking, THR said on Friday.

Jolie's name first emerged in trial in July 2012, when she and actor Brad Pitt were identified by prosecutors as victims in the phone hacking scheme. Huthart cited two stories that she alleged used information from her private talks with Jolie.

Huthart was Jolie's stunt double in movies such as "Beyond Borders" and "Tomb Raider 2." She said she lived with Jolie earlier in 2004, 2005 while the film, "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" was in production, around the same time she noticed that she was not receiving all of her phone messages.

HuffPost

BEFORE YOU GO

PHOTO GALLERY
Celebrity Victims Of Phone Hacking
CONVERSATIONS