Today (Aug. 9) Anna Kendrick turns 28, and in honor of this day we wanted to map out the 10 reasons we're glad she was born and entered the Hollywood world.
1. She sang for all her parts in "Pitch Perfect." She also made it socially acceptable for the world to admit they loved a movie about singing and dancing nerds.
2. Kendrick taught us that we can mash up songs from this century with songs from other centuries in "Pitch Perfect." She also made a few of us aware of the song "No Diggity" for the first time.
3. She has an infatuation with Taco Bell and claims it's her dirty secret that's she'll only eat after midnight. Which makes us feel better about any covert fast food runs we've taken.
4. She turned a YouTube song into a world-wide sensation. The original cover, by Anna Burden, currently has over 3 million views on YouTube; Anna Kendrick's music video for her version has over 40 million. Her song hit No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100.
5. Her Twitter is extremely amusing and could keep us entertained for hours. In fact, we made a roundup of the best of her tweets here.
6. She's one of the most low-key actresses in Hollywood and reminds us that not all stars go off their rocker. Her hobbies include baking, dog-sitting and older and silent movies. And she's a "Lord of the Rings" fan. Down. To. Earth.
7. She has a background in musical theater, and she's the third-youngest actress to be nominated for a Tony. Her Broadway debut in High Society earned her a Theatre World Award, a Drama Desk Award and the Tony nom. For her role in "Up in the Air," she picked up nominations from The Golden Globes, The Screen Actors Guild and the Academy Awards. In a movie opposite George Clooney, standing out is impressive.
8. She considers Clooney an "older brother." He's even given her dating advice.
9. She made a hilarious Funny or Die video satirizing Korean pop music.
10. She was just cast as Cinderella in the 2014 movie adaptation of "Into the Woods" ... as in, she's playing a princess.