Authorities in Ohio filed charges Wednesday against one of the men arrested in connection to the disappearance of three women held for a decade in a dilapidated home in Cleveland.
Ariel Castro, 52, faces four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape, Cleveland's chief assistant prosecutor said today at a press conference.
Castro's brothers -- Pedro Castro, 54, and Onil Castro, 50 -- were not charged, though they had been taken into custody Monday after the women were found.
"[There's] no evidence that these two had any involvement in the commission of these crimes," said assistant prosecutor Victor Cruz.
Ariel Castro waived his Miranda rights, answered police questions and will be arraigned tomorrow, authorities said.
Police believe that Amanda Berry, 27, Michelle Knight, 32, and Gina DeJesus, about 23, were held against their will in Castro's house since their teens or early 20s. The kidnapped women and a six-year-old girl were rescued Monday after Berry kicked through a locked screen door and called 911 on a neighbor's phone.
It was the first time the woman tried to escape, according to an official speaking at the press conference.
Deputy Police Chief Ed Tomba said at today's press conference that the three women were kept in separate rooms of the rundown house on the city's West Side. More than 200 pieces of evidence have been collected, he said.
The 6-year-old girl is Berry's daughter and a paternity test is expected to confirm who is the girl's father, Tomba said. He declined to answer question about reports that the women had become pregnant several times and suffered miscarriages while held captive.
"That's not going to come out at this time," Tomba said.
Authorities said earlier that the victims were seldom let outside of Castro's Cleveland home.
"We have confirmation that they were bound and there was [sic] chains and ropes in the home," Police Chief Michael McGrath said on the "Today" show.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.