If you know anything about the Hamptons, you know it's enclave where the rich and famous relax, play and spend lots and lots of money. They did that and more Saturday night at Russell Simmons' 14th annual Art For Life Gala: "A Field of Dreams."
The star-studded event, which took place at the picturesque Fairview Farms in Bridgehampton and raised over $1.5 million to help establish art programs for inner city youth, was co-hosted by Soledad O'Brien and attended by a list of celebs -- including Anthony Anderson, Melanie Fiona, Al Sharpton, Tichina Arnold, Star Jones, Angela Simmons, Michael Strahan and his stunning fiance Nicole Murphy.
A distinguished group of luminaries and supporters were honored at the event. Tyler Perry and Walter Mosely, amongst others, were saluted for their dedication and financial contributions towards keeping the arts alive.
Following a fabulous dinner, attendees were treated to performances by Estelle, Rick Ross and Maxwell. Not too shabby!
And if you'd like to get involved in all the philanthropic fun, check out a few of the super lavish experiences being offered in an on-going silent auction via Charitybuzz, which closes on August 7th:
- Private dinner for 10 with Russell Simmons prepared by Chef Todd English at Your NYC home (current bid: $1,350)
- Lunch with Sarah Jessica Parker in New York City (current bid: $7,833)
- Meet LL COOL J & Receive 4 VIP Tickets to the concert of your choice (current bid: $950)
- Go backstage with visionary makeup artist Pat McGrath at Fashion Week, watch a runway show & take home a lavish makeup box (current bid: $1,750)
- Enjoy a walk-on role in an upcoming Tyler Perry Production (current bid: $2,750)
- Lunch with celebrated TV journalist Soledad O'Brien in NYC (current bid: $1,300)
Amazing, right? Head over to the Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation website to learn more about the organization and how you can support. And make sure to check out all the fabulous stars who attended the gala in the slideshow below.