How would Aurimas Didzbalis have reacted if he’d won Olympic gold?!?
Video shows him somersaulting backwards into the air, before landing perfectly on his feet and tensing his biceps in absolute delight.
”I only do them when I win a medal,” he said of the backflip during a press conference afterward. “If I had finished fourth, you wouldn’t have seen it.”
The 25-year-old, who missed the London 2012 Olympics because he was serving a two-year ban for doping, lifted 392 kg (around 864 pounds) to take third place.
Iran’s Sohrab Moradi won gold, Belarus’ Vadzim Straitsou took silver, and Team USA’s Kendrick Farris finished 11th.
For more Olympics coverage:
- Irish Rowers Deserve Gold For Funniest TV Interview Of Rio 2016
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- The Best Meme Of The Olympics So Far Is Angry Michael Phelps
- The Agony Of Olympic Defeat In 1 Heartbreaking Image
- Swimming Officials Show What The Olympics Should Be All About
- NSFW Lil Jon Song Inspires Aussie Swimmers To Olympic Gold
- Newspaper Covers Simone Manuel’s Historic Gold In Olympically Offensive Way
- The Media Are Saying And Doing A Bunch Of Sexist Stuff This Olympics
- Freaky Diving Video Is The Greatest GIF From Rio 2016 So Far
- Michael Phelps’ Death Stare Is Now A Seriously Intimidating Tattoo