A man was arrested after putting a corrosive acid in a lube dispenser at a gay club in Australia, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Police caught the 62-year-old man after an alarm was set off. They charged him with “administering poison intending to injure or cause distress or pain, entering a building with intent to commit an indictable offense, malicious damage and driving while suspended.”
Aarows club describes itself as “Sydney’s gay and bi social club” and had previously had issues with the dispensers being tampered with, according to police. Items in the room were fitted with alarms after those instances.
Hydrochloric acid can produce scars, burns, and ulcers when it comes into contact with skin ― often irreversible.
The suspect has been granted bail and is slated to appear in court next month.