We are rebooting our metabolism with this avocado veggie pita pizza. We cleared out what was left in our veggie drawer and created a nutritious energizing meal. The colorful array of veggies add fiber, vitamins A, C, and E; the mashed avocado is also a great source of monounsaturated fat. This "healthy fat" can help reduce bad cholesterol and lower our risk of stroke and heart disease. We love using natural herbs and spices for added flavor. Sprinkling a spice like chili powder can help kick our metabolism into high gear. So, don't be shy-spice it up!
- 1 whole grain pita pocket
- ½ avocado, mashed and lightly seasoned with sea salt
- ¼ c vine ripe tomato, diced
- ¼ c cucumber, diced
- ¼ c yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons crumbled feta
- chili powder
1. Spread the mashed avocado on an opened pita pocket.
2. Layer the diced vegetables, top with the crumbled feta, and sprinkle with chili powder.
~Healthy Happy Eating!