As Season 9 of the "The Bachelorette" comes to a close, we sit back and reflect on all the time we spent watching love blossom and crumble in the name of Chris Harrison.
The franchise, which had a ratings boost last year, expanded its episodes from one hour to two in 2008, and we began to wonder, "What the hell could we have done with all the time we spent watching this show?"
We tallied up all the air time we gave the bachelorettes over the years (don't get us started on the 17 seasons of "The Bachelor") and crunched some numbers to figure out what we could or should have done with 6.54 days or 157 hours.
1. You could have taken the longest flight in the world, from Singapore to Newark, nine times.
With seven hours to spare, you also could have spent an afternoon in Singapore or stopped for dinner at Newark's Chili's Too.
3. Driven from New York City to Anchorage, Alaska, and back with seven hours left over. (Stop and see Mount Rushmore!)
4. Watched almost every movie that won an Academy Award for Best Picture.
With 85 winners, you'd have to skip only a few.
5. Done Insanity, the workout plan designed to make you look like the Hulk, three times with 17.5 hours left over.
6. Gone to Burning Man for six and a half days.
7. Watched every episode of "The Wire" and "The Sopranos."
A different kind of TV.
8. Listened to the Beatles' entire discography 12 times.
9. A family of four could have gotten SCUBA certified.
10. Taken an MCAT prep course with an entire day left over to study by yourself. You'd ace the test.
11. Climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.
Sixty-four percent of climbers make the trek in under a week.
12. Read "Infinite Jest." (Just kidding, you'll never finish that.)
13. Flown to the moon nearly three times.
The fastest trip to the moon took only 36 hours, though most journeys are much longer.
14. Walked from Berlin to Budapest.
On the way you would pass through the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
15. Watched Wendy Davis' 11-hour filibuster 14 times.
16. Watched every film and read every book in the "Harry Potter" series twice.
Or you could have just relived every magical moment of "The Bachelorette."
(Too bad they broke up.)