A face mask was added this week to the British street artist’s interpretation of Johannes Vermeer’s painting “Girl With A Pearl Earring,” which appeared on a wall in his home city of Bristol, southwest England, in 2014.
Check out the mural before its COVID-19-related makeover:
It’s unclear if Banksy himself was behind the addition of the mask. His publicist did not immediately reply to HuffPost’s request for comment.
The anonymous street artist did, however, share last week how he’s been keeping himself busy during lockdown ― by redecorating his bathroom.
“My wife hates it when I work from home,” he lightheartedly captioned this Instagram post on Wednesday:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.