Sometimes, people say things and they don't realize that their words can shatter others. Even comments made in jest can tear the heart out of someone else. That's what happened to Rachel Taylor. Rachel was standing in line at Old Navy when a Mom and her teen daughter had a conversation about a tank top. A plus sized tank top. A tank top that was Rachel's size.
""The girl picked up a plus-size tank top, showed it to her mom and said, 'Look! Me and so-and-so can fit in this tank top!' Her mom laughed and said, 'Yeah, you could! That thing is huge!"
Taylor said: "I couldn't help it; I started crying. I guess the girl and her mom walked away. I have no idea. I sat in the car crying for a long time but eventually went back inside to finish my shopping."
- Being fierce is being knocked down, and pulling yourself back up.
- Being fierce is know that every time you pull yourself back up, you WILL become stronger.
- Being fierce is knowing that you are worth so much more than a size, a number or some persons opinion.
- Being fierce is knowing your own worth.
- Being fierce is quite simply, another way to #BeBrave.
I know how hard it is to #BeBrave. I know sometimes we all want to go to the car, and cry. What really makes you fierce is drying your tears, leaving the car and heading backing into the store to try on the shirt, snapping a pic, and sharing with the world the message that you are, indeed, fierce, and anyone else can be, too.
Originally posted on Ally's blog, Losergurl.com