Traveling with your BFF is the best. It's that one person who knows better than anyone, and with the amount of stuff you complain to each other about, it's nice to detox away from your stresses, make some memories, and really enjoy each other's company.
- St. Thomas is lively with a great island nightlife, and from there you can easily island hop to St. John and the British Virgin Islands. Spending a day at Soggy Dollar or Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke is a must.
- The Cayman Islands is one of my favorite islands, and is a great place for snorkeling and SCUBA diving. Plus, you can actually say you've been to Hell and back with your BFF, and visit "Hell," Cayman's black limestone formations.
- Curaçao is a colorful island part of the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao) and is right off the coast of Venezuela so the weather is impeccable. The resorts are right on the waterfront and downtown is a quick cab ride away with lots of shops and restaurants. Try out a restaurant in the Waterfront Arches.
- South Africa has stunning landscape and Cape Town is one of my favorite cities. There are animals, sky diving, shark diving, and the Stellenbosch wine region.
- Tanzania is the best place for a safari adventure. With the Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater you will be sure to see all the big 5 animals, plus hiking Kilimanjaro will give you an unforgettable sunrise.
- Zanzibar is a quick jump from the mainland and one of the few tropical/island vibes in Africa.
- Japan has shopping that is on another level, and with its beautiful architecture and history it is a great country to travel through. The shinkansen is Japan's ultra-fast train system, and getting a rail pass will let you easily travel to the main cities and country sides. City suggestions: Tokyo, Kyoto, Sapporo, and Hakone.
- Hong Kong is the place for trinket and home décor shopping. While a major city that does have the Chanel and Louis Vuitton stores, you will find treasures in Stanley Market. Plus, you can act like a kid at Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park.
- Thailand can offer up lots of excitement from food and shopping to temples and beaches. Bangkok and Phuket are two must-see places, and definitely take a tuk-tuk ride through the city.
- While not necessarily shopping, I have to add the Maldives to my list since I'll be heading here with my BFF in February 2017. The Maldives is a group of over 1,200 islands in the Indian Ocean with ocean views that are more than you can ever imagine. There is no better way to make your friends jealous with over-the-ocean villas and underwater restaurants.
- Iceland is a great combination between spa and adventure. You'll be able to see the Northern Lights, and can enjoy the Blue Lagoon Spa.
- The Greek Islands gives you breathtaking views, great wine, and lots of islands to choose from. Take a ferry between islands, or go big and sail the Greek Isles.
- Barcelona is a great place for foodies. The tapas-style food is perfect to try lots of styles. Also, head down to Marbella for the beautiful beach time! And wherever in Spain you end up, be sure to have gazpacho while you are there.
Photo Credits: Elizabeth Raflowitz