This list was assembled with data provided by Rank & Style.
Shopping for jeans is almost as arduous as shopping for bras or swimsuits. Getting the fit right in the waist, the butt and the thighs is nearly impossible, not to mention nailing the exact length of the pant legs. (Ed. note: Why don't women's pants come in lengths, like men's??)
But we had the data crunchers at Rank & Style survey the shopping landscape and come up with a definitive list of The 10 Best Dark Skinny Jeans, using an algorithm that aggregates data (including editor picks and user reviews) from stores, blogs and magazines.
Here are the top five styles of dark skinnies on the market right now.
1. J Brand 811 Skinny Stretch Jeans, $158: These ranked highly due to their overwhelming popularity and positive user reviews.
2. Citizens of Humanity Rocket High Rise Skinny Jean, $188: These skinnies were a top editor's pick.
3. True Religion Misty Legging Jeans, $167: This pair ranked for being among the most popular dark skinnies.
4. Paige Denim Skyline 12" Skinny Jeans, $158: These solid, dark pants had high user reviews and were a common editor's pick.
5. AG Adriano Goldschmied The Stilt Cigarette Jeans, $165: A skinny jean that hits at the ankles, this pair scored based on popularity among shoppers and user reviews.
Have you found fit success with any of these jeans? For the five more pairs rounding out the Top 10 list, plus more awesome lists including rankings of the best face oils, workout leggings and clutches for winter, go to RankAndStyle.com.
Here's some denim NOT to wear: