Texas Monthly has published its list of the “50 Best BBQ Joints” in Texas, and it’s going to make meat eaters want to pack up and move to the Lone Star State.
The list has crowned a surprising new joint with the first place title. That means that the much beloved ― even by Obama ― Franklin Barbecue has moved from first place to second, a surprise to many. They’ve ceded their top place to Snow’s BBQ, located in small-town Lexington.
We expect Lexington’s small population of 1,100 to swell up pretty quickly with brisket-hungry tourists. And we give major props to pit master Tootsie Tomanetz, giving a female face to what is normally a male-dominated field.
1. Snow’s BBQ (Lexington)
2. Franklin Barbecue (Austin)
3. Cattleack Barbeque (Dallas)
4. Bodacious Bar-B-Q (Longview)
5. Louie Mueller Barbecue (Taylor)
6. Tejas Chocolate Craftory (Tomball)
7. CorkScrew BBQ (Spring)
8. Micklethwait Craft Meats (Austin)
9. Evie Mae’s Pit Barbecue (Wolfforth)
10. Truth Barbeque (Brenham)