For W magazine, by Mia Adorante.
Since she made her debut in 1998 as a member of Destiny’s Child, Beyoncé has come a long way. And as many transformations as she’s undergone musically — from girl group ingénue to Dangerously in Love, to surprise album releases and Lemonade — her look has equally evolved. She’s gone from homemade costumes by her mother Ms. Tina Knowles to Givenchy muse, and from headband-wearing teen to sleek, styled music mogul and mother. Here, we celebrate Beyonce’s most memorable red carpet beauty moments, from her Destiny’s Child tour in 1998 to landing her domination of the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2016 and more.
1. As a member of Destiny’s Child in 1999, Beyoncé embraced a more natural look hair-wise — which made her purple eye shadow and shimmery lipgloss stand out all the more.
2. At the 2000 9th Annual MTV Movie Awards, Beyoncé wore her highlighted loose waves with a glossy, mauve lip.
3. Beyoncé 2001 MTV Movie Awards wears her highlighted blonde locks in tousled waves with a floral hairpiece and a golden smoky eye.
4. A look we wish she'd revive — Beyoncé appeared on TRL again in 2002 to promote Austin Powers in Goldmember, showing off the same hair style sported by her character Foxxy Cleopatra.
5. Beyoncé was glowing at the The Fighting Temptations film premiere in Hollywood in 2003 wearing a sleek, braided up do with a silver smoky eye.
6. Wearing a low, tousled pony with blunt bangs and a gunmetal smoky eye, Beyoncé attends the 2003 MTV Europe Music Awards.
7. Loose curls defined the look for all three ladies of Destiny's Child for their NFL performance before the Patriots vs. Colts game in Foxborough, Massachusetts in 2004.
See the rest of Beyoncé's Most Iconic Beauty Moments of All Time on Wmagazine.com
More from W Magazine: