Ready or not, here comes holiday time!
Black Friday and Cyber Monday might be great days to stock up on TVs, but they're also some of the best days of the year to book travel at discounted rates. As it turns out, planning a getaway might actually be the best (and most relaxing!) thing you do for yourself amidst the overwhelming and hectic holiday season. Just imagine remedying your post-holiday blues on the sandy beaches of, say, Puerto Rico:
Last year's travel deals included everything from 50 percent off packages in Las Vegas to $7 (yes, really)-per-night hotel rooms. And, aside from the sheer value, let's face it, after all that family time, you're going to need a vacation anyway.
Check out our list of the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday travel deals so far, and be sure to keep checking back as more deals inevitably roll out. Most airlines will announce flash sales closer to the shopping dates.
Airfare / Train Travel:
The fine print: Reservations must be made between Nov. 27 and Dec. 4 on RailEurope.com. Eurail passes, which are valid for travel in multiple countries, are available at $100 off when booked along with sightseeing products using the code EURAILCYBER100.
2. Enter to win the "ultimate ride" and get 25 percent off Virgin America.
The fine print: Reservations must be made on Nov. 30 before 1:00 AM EST using the code CYBERRIDE for travel between Dec. 12 2015 and Mar. 2, 2016 with the following blackout dates: 12/21/15– 1/4/16, 1/14/16 – 1/18/16, 2/4/16 – 2/8/16, 2/12/16, and 2/15/16- 2/16/16. One random traveler who books a flight during these times will win the "Ultimate Free Ride" and receive free flights on Virgin America for a year as well as free Uber rides for a year.
3. Ditch blackout dates with low fares on Frontier Airlines.
The fine print: Reservations must be made by Dec. 1 and are valid for certain days of the week through 2016. Fares start at $19 one way.
4. See sights around the U.S. with flights as low as $117 roundtrip on United.
The fine print: Reservations can be made starting Nov. 29 while supplies last, with certain blackout dates. Nonrefundable after 24 hours of booking.
1. Have some fun in the sun with 30 percent off best available rates at various Hilton Worldwide Resorts in Puerto Rico.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked between Nov. 30 and Dec. 2. Valid travel dates are between Dec. 20, 2015 and Feb. 29, 2016 with some blackout dates.
2. Brush up on your history with buy one night, get one for $20.15 at the Quirk Hotel in Richmond, VA.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked between Nov. 30 and Dec. 31, 2015. Valid travel dates are between Nov. 30, 2015 and March 31, 2016.
3. Take in the big city sights with 30 percent off at The Conrad in New York City.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked between Nov. 30 and Dec. 2. Valid travel dates are from Mid-December through April 2016 with a minimum two-night stay and some blackout dates.
4. Or, spark some creativity with 35 percent off The Renwick in New York City.
The fine print: Reservations at this boutique hotel, which once served as housing for writers like Thomas Mann and John Steinbeck, must be booked between Nov. 27 and Nov. 30. Valid travel dates are between Nov 25 2015 and Feb. 29 2016.
5. Rub elbows with the stars with 41 percent off your stay at The Mondrian in West Hollywood, CA.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked between Nov. 30 and Dec. 4. Valid travel dates are between Nov. 30, 2015 and March 31, 2016 with the following blackout dates: Dec. 31, Jan. 6, 2016, Jan. 28-Jan. 30, 2016, Feb. 9- Feb. 29, 2016
6. Take your pick with deals all over the country at Destination Hotels.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked between Nov. 27 and Nov. 30. Valid travel dates are between Dec. 2015 - Apr. 2016. Deals include but one get one half-off in Phoenix, AZ, $99 a night in San Antonio, TX, 50 percent off in Washington, D.C. and more.
7. Pay POTUS a visit with 20 percent off at The Jefferson in Washington, D.C.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked between Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. Valid travel dates are between Nov. 30 2015 and Feb. 29, 2016.
8. Get "happy" with 20 percent off (and more!) at the Hyatt Regency Aruba.
The fine print: Reservations must be booked on Nov. 3. Valid travel dates are between Apr. 1 and Dec. 19 2016. Deal includes twenty percent off a deluxe room when you book a five-night stay, complimentary welcome drink and cocktail for two at the hotel bar, $100 resort credit and complimentary wi-fi. Some blackout dates apply.
9. Plan more than one trip with Expedia's impressive 75-90 percent off deals.
The fine print: Exact details have not yet been confirmed, but Expedia will offer 75 percent off hotels on Black Friday at destinations such as Vegas, Jamaica and Hawaii and will roll out 90 percent off deals every hour from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM EST on Cyber Monday in hot spots such as Los Angeles, Cancun and New Orleans. Valid on the website's app only.
10. Book the old fashion way with 60 percent off select Howard Johnson hotels across the country.
The fine print: Reservations (up to three at a time for a minimum three night stay) must be made by phone on Dec. 2 and by asking for the "Orange Wednesday rate.” Valid travel dates are between Dec. 2 2015 and Mar. 2 2016.
11. Make yourself right at home with Airbnb and American Express.
The fine print: Reservations must be made with your American Express card (prepaid and corporate cards not included) by Dec. 31 2015.
12. Make a swift getaway with Hotel Tonight.
The fine print: Book on Thanksgiving day (Nov. 26) by midnight to get $25 off your room over $150. Other deals to be announced starting at 7 AM PST on its Instagram page.
1. Make New York your playground with up to fifty percent off various attractions on NewYork.com.
The fine print: Deals on attractions, tours, museums, broadway shows and more will be released Nov. 30
Also on HuffPost Travel: