Anyone who spends time with avid kid readers knows how much they like to talk about books. Wanting to give those in our middle school an audience beyond their immediate world, my Dalton School colleagues Roxanne Feldman, Ellen Nickles, and I started an after-school book blogging club. Every week these literary enthusiasts come to my room; sift through my books and advance reader copies; choose to read whatever catches their fancy; and, after reading them, write blog reviews about them. Here are a few recent ones:
- AE has some thoughts about I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens Famous & Obscure.
- JY considered Donna Jo Napoli's The Wager.
- VS has a review of Loretta Ellsworth's In a Heartbeat.
- AL read and reviewed the forthcoming Wish by Joseph Monniger.
- Fantasy buff GI read another soon-to-publish book, Jonathan Stroud's The Ring of Solomon. Here's what she thought.
- RG took on Poop Happens: A History of the World from the Bottom Up by Sarah Albee and ...well, go here to get his take on it.
Also at educating alice.