Bruce Jenner came out as transgender on Friday night in an interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC. Soon after the televised special began, E! sent out a press release announcing their new reality series which will follow Jenner's life as a transgender woman:
The series will tell Bruce’s intimate story and will join him as he seeks out his 'new normal.' Living for the first time as the person he feels he was born to be, the docuseries will also explore what Bruce's transition means for the people in his life and how those relationships are affected, while offering a better understanding of many of life's challenges.
Bruce is incredibly courageous and an inspiration, and we are proud to be entrusted with this deeply personal and important story. This series will present an unfiltered look as Bruce boldly steps into uncharted territory and is true to himself for the first time.
The eight-part series will premiere July 26 at 9 p.m. ET on E!. The series does not yet have a title.
Following the ABC special, numerous celebrities turned to social media to support the former Olympian in his journey. His daughters, Kendall and Kylie, and step-daughter Khloe tweeted their love as well.
Note: Though Jenner has come out as “for all intents and purposes a woman,” he has not yet indicated that he would like to be known by a new name or female pronouns, so this story uses male pronouns.
More from The Huffington Post about Bruce Jenner coming out as transgender:
- Bruce Jenner Comes Out As Transgender
- Bruce Jenner's Ex-Wife: How Living With and Loving Bruce Jenner Changed My Life Forever
- Diane Sawyer And ABC Nailed The Bruce Jenner Interview. Here's Why And What Needs To Happen Next.
- Celebrities React To Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Kim Kardashian Accepted Transition With Help From Kanye West
- Bruce Jenner Says Time He Won Olympics He Was 'Scared To Death'