Carmen De Lavallade is living proof that beauty, grace, health, and general badass-ness can be a reality at 83-years-old. The dancer and choreographer proves that and more as the newest subject ofStyleLikeU.com's "Ageless Dailies" video series.
With a nonstop career that spans over six decades, the dance icon has worked with legends like Josephine Baker, Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, Alvin Aliey, and Harry Belafonte, to name a few. But it's not just her performing arts resume that's impressive -- one look at her and you'll see she's also a style maven. Needless to say, we're obsessed!
Here are a few more gems that will have you crushing on Carmen as well...
1. She basically discovered world renowned dancer/choreographer Alvin Ailey. Carmen met him in junior high school and encouraged him to switch from gymnastics to dance. The rest is (mind-blowing) history.
3. She is married to Geoffrey Holder, the two-time Tony Award-winning actor/dancer/costume designer, who is probably best known for playing the part of Punjab in the 1982 film version of "Annie."
4. The stunning red floral-printed dress she's wearing in the video is one of many ensembles that her husband has designed for her. Talk about marital bliss!
5. Carmen shows no signs of slowing down -- she's performing in a solo show called "As I Remember It" at the end of this month.
6. Just watch the video above and prepare to swoon!