Wearing head-to-toe yellow is difficult without the obvious "Big Bird" comparisons but the sunny hue is such a nice way to brighten up any look. So, here are a few ground rules one must follow to avoid any talk of Tweety.
1. If you are going to wear a yellow dress, keep the shape simple. Otherwise, it can look cartoonish. The color speaks for itself.
Topshop Ruch Front Dress, $140 at Topshop.com, Gryphon "Happy" Dress, $390 at Shopbop.com
2. Yellow separates are just as pretty; keep the rest of the look basic to avoid ending up on the worst-dressed list.
3. Keep your accessories simple and neutral: for bags and shoes think black and beige. Let the bright clothes steal the spotlight.
DKNY Distressed Mini Flap Crossbody, $145 at DKNY.com, Tibi "Amber" Heels, $365 at Tibi.com
4. Go for red lips. The two colors are so complementary. Remember Michelle Williams in yellow Vera Wang at the 2006 Oscars with bold red lipstick? Enough said.
MAC "Russian Red" lipstick, $14 at maccosmetics.com
5. Scared to don yellow? Go for a bright accessory for just a taste of the sunny shade. Brooklyn Decker's shoes and Susie Bubble's bag are fun additions to their overall look.
J.J. Winters Large Envelope Clutch, $129 at Revolveclothing.com, ASOS Santo Suede Point Court Shoes, $98 at Asos.com
Check out our gallery below to see how stars have worn yellow, and get inspired! It's the perfect color for spring.