A series of explosions in the Belgian capital of Brussels on Tuesday morning has once again left the world devastated.
At least 34 people were killed and many more were injured after two explosions went off at the Brussels Zaventem airport and another explosion occurred in the Maelbeek metro station in Brussels, near the European Council and European Parliament building. One of the blasts at the airport is believed to have been a suicide bombing.
In the hours following the attacks, the hashtags #JeSuisBruxelles, #PrayforBrussels, and #PrayforPeace began trending and celebrities took to social media to express their sympathies for the victims, as well as their sadness and outrage that such horrific events happened yet again.
- Even After Deadly Attacks, We’re Stronger Together
- Internet Fights Back Against Brussels Terror With Love
- Harrowing Video Shows Train Evacuation After Brussels Attacks
- 2016 Presidential Candidates React To Brussels Terror Attacks
- U.S. Cities Tighten Security After Deadly Brussels Attack
- Tintin And Snowy Weep For Belgium
For additional coverage in French, visit Le Huffington Post and their live blog; For coverage in German, visit HuffPost Germany; For coverage in Spanish, visitHuffPost Spain; For coverage in Arabic, visit HuffPost Arabi.