If someone told you to use the coal from your barbecue grill on your skin, would you do it? We wouldn't either.
But what if we told you that there are some great beauty products out there that contain activated charcoal powder? Ideal for individuals with oily or acne prone skin, charcoal has been found to remove toxins and bacteria. Although there are a lot of face washes and masks made from charcoal powder, you could also use this unconventional beauty treatment for your hair, body and lips.
If you're willing to go over to the dark side, here are nine charcoal beauty products worth trying:
1. Bioré Self Heating One Minute Masks, $6.49: Sure, it feels kind of weird when the mask heats up on your face, but after wiping it off, your skin will feel so good that you'll forget you were freaked a minute ago.
2. Orange Thyme Coal Lip Balm, $3.50: Orange Thyme is awesome in general, but you should explore the depths of the strangeness and charm of charcoal lip balm.
3. Lush Coalface Cleanser, $13.95: This is perfect for oily skin, especially if you forget to exfoliate -- this face wash does it for you!
4. Freeman Facial Polishing Mask, Charcoal & Black Sugar, $3.99: The mix of charcoal and sugar creates quite the cleansing experience.
5. Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge With Bamboo Charcoal, $18: We might be putting words into our own mouths, but Konjac sponges are the only sponges we'll be using on our faces moving forward.
6. Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo, $8.99: A shampoo that helps you deal with a dry, flaky scalp.
7. Sort Of Coal Kuro Shampoo, $35: Black shampoo? Blashphemy! But really, this could conquer your greasy hair problems.
8. Origins Skin Diver Body Soap, $15: Your body needs some good charcoal love, too.
9. SMOKE Willow Tree Charcoal Eyeliner and Eyeshadow, $4.95: Forget your Kohl liner and get down with the real deal.