“It never ends for state tv,” Cuomo responded to a post from Ingraham that attacked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).
Cuomo slammed the conservative network over its “constant division” and for weeks downplaying the threat posed by the coronavirus, which has now killed more than 37,000 people nationwide.
On Friday night, Cuomo (who has provided CNN viewers with daily updates on his recovery from COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus) explained why he was “proof positive” of why mass testing for the coronavirus had to be in place.
Cuomo noted how, per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, he was actually deemed well enough to emerge from self-isolation. “But I do not feel well,” he said, adding that “you do not want me standing next to you, sweating on you and coughing on you right now” because there was still “something funky” about his body temperature, which had not returned to normal. Cuomo feared he was still contagious.
“We don’t know where we are with this virus,” he added. “And if we can’t test people, we’re going to make mistakes, and I’m a perfect example of it.”
Check out the clip here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.