CNN’s Chris Cuomo on Monday night said he wouldn’t play the clip with audio of President Donald Trump speaking from the White House after being discharged from Walter Reed hospital, where he was treated for the coronavirus.
Cuomo dismissed the footage as “propaganda.”
“I’m not going to play it for you. Why should it?” he said. “How much bullshit do you need in your life?”
Trump in the video claimed that he’s better and that he might be immune to COVID-19 now. And he told Americans “don’t be afraid of it” and “don’t let it take over your lives.”
Cuomo just about had it.
″‘Don’t let COVID control your life,’” he said, mocking the president’s words. ”Nobody wants it to control their life. They don’t have any choice.”
Then he called out Trump for denying Americans the same level of care he had in fighting the infection:
“His continued recklessness makes it impossible to feel sympathetic,” Cuomo said. “I feel for his wife. I don’t even know how she’s doing. They only talk about him.”
The CNN host also called out Trump’s doctors for the lack of information they’ve provided about the president’s health:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.