For the second straight night, Trump told supporters he’d like to go into the crowd and kiss everyone, claiming he’s now immune to the COVID-19 infection and can neither catch it nor spread it.
“I’ll kiss every guy, man and woman, man, woman,” Trump said in Pennsylvania. “Look at that guy. How handsome he is. I’ll kiss him, not with a lot of enjoyment, but that’s OK.”
The president made a similar claim in Florida on Monday.
“I’ll kiss everyone in that audience,” Trump said. “I’ll kiss the guys and the beautiful women and them, everybody, I’ll just give you a big fat kiss.”
But given that he’s talking about a deadly virus, one that has killed more than 215,000 Americans, the CNN host suggested that could be a very different kind of kiss:
“When he says he wants to go out into that crowd and give everyone the kiss, remember ‘The Godfather?’ He’s giving you a kiss all right, it’s il bacio di tutti baci, the kiss of all kisses. The kiss of death.”
See more of Cuomo’s monologue below:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.