The host of MSNBC’s “All In” noted how none of the “totally sociopathic” tricks that Trump has used to “con his way through” the business world can be used on tackling the nationwide spread of COVID-19.
“You can’t B.S. a virus,” Hayes said.
“So, he’s left to try to tell us all to ‘just get used to it. Don’t worry. Just accept the death and the misery and the illness and the failure,’” Hayes added, citing a report in The Washington Post that said White House officials now “hope Americans will grow numb to the escalating death toll and learn to accept tens of thousands of new cases a day.”
Check out Hayes’ full monologue above.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.