“Right now, right this moment, there are Americans who are alive and who are healthy who will be dead by the fall,” said Hayes. “And there are Americans who already died who did not have to. All because of the failures of our government and more specifically, the president of the United States.”
“There is no other conclusion you can reach at this point,” he continued, noting how “we have lost every last charitable explanation for failures.”
“At this point, there is nothing left to say but that Donald Trump has gotten Americans killed and is going to get even more Americans killed in unfathomable numbers,” Hayes added.
COVID-19 has now claimed the lives of almost 130,000 people in the U.S.
Multiple states this week experienced record spikes in new cases as Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, has warned there could soon be 100,000 daily new infections nationwide.
Check out Hayes’ monologue here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.