After Trump left the hospital and returned to the White House amid his ongoing battle with coronavirus, Whitman wrote on Twitter that those who don’t speak up are “complicit.” She specifically called out Republicans who are quoted anonymously criticizing the president:
Whitman, who also served as administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency under President George W. Bush, supported former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016. She crossed party lines again this year to endorse former Vice President Joe Biden, joining a number of prominent Republicans in speaking at the Democratic National Convention. Whitman is also chair of Republicans and Independents for Biden, one of a number of groups including The Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump, which has been working to build a cross-party coalition to help elect Biden.
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.