Shampooing is a pretty hot topic here on HuffPost Style. While we've debated the pros and cons of going weeks without washing our hair, praised dry shampoo and experimented with apple cider vinegar hair rinses, we've recently ditched regular shampoo altogether. Stay with us...
We're now washing our scalp and strands with cleansing conditioners. Unlike traditional shampoos, these conditioners contain little to no detergents and chemicals that often leave hair dry, brittle or damaged. Their super-conditioning formulas make them especially ideal for women with thick or curly hair to help maintain moisture.
Thinking of giving cleansing conditioners a try? Here are 10 of our top picks:
1. L'Oreal Paris EverCrème Conditioning Cleanser. To repair severely parched hair, use several pumps of this product to bring it back to a healthy, shiny and hydrated state. $6, Target.com
2. As I Am Naturally Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner. Who isn't crazy about coconut oil? Naturally curly-haired girls will appreciate that this creamy cleansing conditioner rinses out super easy. $8, AsIAmNaturally.com
3. Pantene Cleansing Conditioner, Color Preserve. If you've been slacking on shampooing to extend the life of your hair color, try cleansing with this conditioner that gets you squeaky clean without ruining your dye job. $7, Walgreens.com
4. Devacurl No-Poo Conditioning Cleanser. This sulfate-free shampoo alternative helps you achieve your cleanest, bounciest and healthiest curls yet with ingredients like wheat and germseed oil. $19, Store.DevaChanSalon.com
5. Ouidad Curl Co-Wash Low-Foam Cleansing Conditioner. Our hair never felt so soft until we lathered up with this moisturizing cleansing conditioner. Tip: A little goes a long way, so don't be heavy-handed. $8, Ouidad.com
6. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Conditioning Co-Wash. Even NBA players can't resist Carol's Daughter products. Reach for this co-wash if you want to wash away build-up and reduce frizz without all the added gunk. $18, CarolsDaughter.com
7. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser. This drugstore brand uses the good stuff (e.g. coconut oil, naeem oil and silk protein) to help you achieve a good cleaning that results in softer and shinier locks. $12, Target.com
8. EDEN BodyWorks All Natural Coconut Shea CoWash. What a bargain this sizable jar of cleansing conditioner is for under ten bucks. But what really makes it worthy of your money is its ability to make detangling less stressful. $8, SallyBeauty.com
9. Mizani True Textures Cleansing Cream Conditioning Curl Wash. Get your cleansing and conditioning done in one shot with this richly-fragrant conditioner. $15, Ulta.com
10. Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Cleansing Conditioner. Here's another wallet-friendly cleansing conditioner option that contains vitamin E, extra virgin olive oil and keratin protein. $10, Walgreens.com
How to have healthier hair for even longer:
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)