The supercut featured just some of the “demeaning comments” and “ugly remarks” the president has made to women journalists during his time in office, said host Alisyn Camerota.
The clip featured footage of Trump telling one reporter that she’d asked a stupid question and suggesting another be more positive. It was broadcast during a segment dissecting the abrupt ending of the president’s coronavirus briefing on Monday. Trump stormed off after bristling at a question from CBS News’ Weijia Jiang.
CNN political correspondent Abby Phillip, one of the journalists featured in the montage, said Trump’s penchant for lashing out at female reporters is “part of a pattern, a really clear pattern that’s been going on for years now,”
“He seems to not be tolerant of taking difficult questions, particularly from women,” Phillip added. Camerota noted Trump has also insulted male reporters, such as CNN’s Jim Acosta and ABC’s Jon Karl.
Check out the clip here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.