WEIRD NEWS

Roach-Infested Apartment Explodes, Roaches Are Totally Fine With It

"Even afterwards, there were a lot of roaches still crawling around throughout the apartment."

It's true: You can literally blow up an apartment full of roaches, and the insects will be just fine. 

Humans, however, are another story entirely.

Three people, including a toddler, were taken to a hospital after an overzealous attempt to spray roaches caused an explosion in their first floor apartment, according to the Asbury Park Press. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured. 

Someone in the apartment was spraying so intently that the pilot light of the stove ignited the bug killer, leading to a blast that blew the windows right off the apartment, the paper reported. 

"You had the right mixture of three elements: The chemical, the oxygen and the ignition source," Asbury Park fire department spokesman Garrett Giberson Jr. told Patch. "They sprayed a tremendous amount of Raid. There was so much chemical in the air that the introduction of oxygen just caused an explosion right away."

As for the bugs targeted by the spray attack, it seems they were no worse for the wear. 

"Even afterwards, there were a lot of roaches still crawling around throughout the apartment," Giberson was quoted as saying. "There was definitely an infestation."

HuffPost

BEFORE YOU GO

PHOTO GALLERY
Horrible House Bugs