College is an awakening time in a young person's life, in which they really figure out who they want to be and what exactly they want to do with their life. But what if you discover that all you want to do is drink coffee? And who you want to be is a coffee addict?
It's okay. That's what college is for. It's a time for understanding that the only thing that motivates you to get up and face another day (literally) is the promise that coffee will be there to guide you through the tough times that encompass "being on your own." Behold, 11 reasons every college student must have coffee in their lives forever and ever.
1. First and foremost, because it keeps you awake. And you're somehow always tired.
And without coffee, there are just not enough hours in the day to balance studying and partying.
2. Because it's probably the only time in your life you're going to have the privilege of having a Starbucks coffee truck follow you around campus all day.
Yes, really. If you're lucky enough to be a student at Arizona State University, James Madison University or Coastal Carolina University, this coming school year Aramark will be introducing Starbucks coffee trucks that will "follow students from dorm to lecture halls" and provide you with your much-needed caffeine. Scary or awesome? We'll let you decide.
3. Because coffee shops are where all your studying and socializing gets done.
You learn quickly that the coffee shop is where all your friendships are made and where you cram all that information into your brain. Your addiction to the stuff follows suit.
4. Because you just keep "forgetting" to go to the gym and the antioxidants in coffee will keep your body healthy.
So, you don't have time to go to the gym because you're too busy binge-watching Law and Order SVU all day. Thankfully coffee provides you with enough antioxidants to make you feel better about yourself. It's the number one source of antioxidants in the American diet!
5. Because it makes procrastinating on that final term paper much more fun.
When your coffee gets cold, it's time for you to get creative with your note doodling.
6. Because you stayed up until 4 am watching "Chopped" re-runs on Food Network and you have class at 8 am.
And it's proven that when you're tired and you drink coffee, all of your senses will be heightened, including your attention and logical reasoning.
7. Because it's the only thing that motivates you to do your laundry.
The inspiration to be clean can be found inside that coffee cup.
8. Because when you've been living in the library for the past two days, just the smell of coffee will revive you from your zombie state.
This is proven to be true. A study at the Seoul National University examined the brains of rats who were stressed with sleep deprivation and discovered that those who were exposed to coffee aromas experienced changes in brain proteins tied to that stress.
9. Because coffee is the best hangover cure after drinking too many PBRs out of red Solo cups.
Coffee can also help your liver out (since we know it probably needs some serious flushing). One study showed that those who drink at least one cup of coffee a day were 20 percent less likely to develop liver cirrhosis -- an autoimmune disease caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
10. Because you forgot to put sunscreen on when you laid out on the quad, but coffee will help prevent you from getting skin cancer (if you're a girl).
A study done by the Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School found that women who drink three or more cups of coffee a week are less likely to develop skin cancer than other women.
11. Because the only form of organization right now in your life is this daily schedule:
2. Put on clothes
3. Get or make coffee.
Aint no shame in your coffee game.