Grandparents. They say yes when parents say no. They never forget their grandkids' birthdays. They have the best one-liners ever. And some of them are just plain badass.
While kids may go through their awkward stage or the don't-want-to-be-seen-with-mom phase, grandparents have a special place in every kid's heart. Users of Whisper, an app that allows you to anonymously post thoughts using pictures have shared some examples of what makes their grandparents so awesome. From doling out morsels of wisdom from lives well-lived, to telling some seriously epic tales, here are 10 reasons grandkids truly adore their elders, as told by Whisper users:
1. They understand the meaning of true love.
2. They love a good double entendre.
3. They're always down for an adventure, man.
4. They're slowly coming to terms with technology.
5. They give the best advice.
6. Their love stories are just incomparable.
7. They make us want to be better.
8. They haven't lost their childish sense of humor.
9. They've renewed our faith in soulmates.
10. They have the answers to everything.
BEFORE YOU GO
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place