We often hear about twists of fate that save people from tragedy, like travelers missing a flight that later meets with disaster.
In the case of the terror attack on a French cafe Friday, it was a quarrel that spared a French couple from a fusillade of bullets, Le Huffington Post noted.
Quentin Bongard said in a video interview posted by iTELE that he and his girlfriend were dining on the sidewalk at La Belle Equipe restaurant. They argued and he left, he said. His girlfriend went inside to pay -- and that's when the terrorists opened fire on the sidewalk full of customers.
His girlfriend hid behind a couch inside until the shooting was over, he recalled.
"Luckily we fought, because if we hadn't, we would both be dead now," he said.
The Times posted a translated version of the interview above.
Read More Paris Coverage
- A Message Of Support For Muslims After Paris Attacks Is Lighting Up The Internet
- Syrians In Paris Look For Ways To Help
- Thousands Use #MuslimsAreNotTerrorist To Combat Islamophobia
- 10 Quotes That Summarize The Horror And Complexity Of Paris
- 20 People Found Refuge In A Famous Paris Bookstore During Attacks
- Parisians Show Solidarity And Strength From Paris To New York
- PHOTOS: World Reacts In Solidarity With Paris
- Colbert Chokes Up Talking About Attacks
- Army Football Team Brings French Flag Onto Field At West Point
- Stadium Attack Survivor Says Phone Saved His Life
- Read French Coverage At HuffPost France
Also on HuffPost: