Turn an envelope into a trendy accessory with this Craft Of The Day. It only takes a little bit of fabric and glue to transform a padded mailer into a stylish clutch perfect for carrying around your iPad or tablet. It only takes a few minutes -- and a quick trip to the post office -- to make. Just keep reading for the how-to.
Photo by Natalie of Crème De La Craft
What You'll Need:
A 10.5x11 inch bubble mailer
Two pieces of fabric
How To Make It:
1. Slide your iPad into the envelope horizontally to measure how large your case needs to be. Cut along one side so that the back side is a few inches longer than the front.
2. Line the inside of the envelope with a piece of fabric, gluing it in place.
3. Glue another piece of fabric around the outside of the envelope to cover the base of your case. Then, glue a contrasting piece to cover the flap.
4. With your needle and thread, sew a button on to the flap of the case.
5. Tie a piece of ribbon through your second button, and sew it to the base of your case. Wrap the ribbon around the top button to keep your case closed.
For a full tutorial, visit Crème De La Craft. And, be sure to check out the other great crafts in our Craft Of The Day slideshow below.