Pregnant women are often told not to invest too much in maternity clothing because you’ll wear it for only a short time during your pregnancy. A common trend is to try to make what you already have in your closet work, with just a few purchased essentials. Another option has many women turning to online consignment shops like Swap.com and ThredUp to find maternity wardrobe staples at wallet-friendly prices.
But, there are some clothing items you’d probably prefer to own first-hand, like swimwear. Maternity swimsuit shopping is its own personal kind of hell, but there are places to find flattering styles ― from plus-size maternity to one-piece looks you won’t hate to wear.
Some tips to keep in mind when shopping for a maternity swimsuit:
- Your old two-piece swimsuit might work just fine, if you don’t mind showing your belly
- Take a spin through the plus-size section for swim tops that’ll give you the room you need
- Consider a two-piece style instead of a one-piece look for quicker bathroom breaks
- Halter-top styles are ideal for chest support, coverage, and will give you room to grow
- Look for tops and bottoms with adjustable sizing and side ties ― they’ll grow with you
Below, 18 stunning maternity swimsuits that don’t look like maternity swimsuits:
HuffPost may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page.