New York Daily News Slams 'Terrorist' NRA Boss Wayne LaPierre

Newspaper blasts "sick jihad against Americans in the name of profit."

The New York Daily News is calling the NRA's Wayne LaPierre a "terrorist" on its front page on Friday.

The cover features the word "TERRORIST" in large letters as well as images of the gunmen in other recent mass killings, including Syed Farook, one of the two San Bernardino shooters.

1st look at Friday's Page 1… MASS MURDER MADE EASY https://t.co/vvmLcF6aJl MASSACRE MISSION https://t.co/IlDcIZeAds pic.twitter.com/tyMEZpwMP1

— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 4, 2015

"Syed Farook joins long list of murderous psychos enabled by the NRA's sick gun jihad against America in the name of profit," the cover reads.

The Daily News says it has offered LaPierre a chance to respond, but he has so far refused. However, the NRA responded to its critics on Twitter and with an opinion piece in USA Today:

The #NRA won’t accept the blame for murderers, nor apologize for fighting for our right to defend against them https://t.co/DN0mEex4ay

— NRA (@NRA) December 4, 2015

The Daily News has been going after LaPierre for years, calling him the "Craziest Man On Earth" on a front page published shortly after the 2012 Sandy Hook shootings, in which 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school.

And just 10 days before the latest mass shooting, the Daily News called him "Jihadi Wayne" in a cover story about the NRA's efforts to block gun control measures.

The latest front page comes just a day after the Daily News went after lawmakers who called for prayers after Wednesday's mass shooting, in which 14 people were killed and 21 others wounded.

"God isn't fixing this," the paper's front page said.

Also on HuffPost:

Close

What's Hot