On Tuesday’s installment of “The Daily Show,” shot from Noah’s home, the host boggled over the president’s persistent peddling of drug combinations to treat COVID-19.
“What do I know? I’m not a doctor,” Trump said during a press briefing Sunday during which he touted the use of anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment for coronavirus and suggested there was nothing to lose by giving it a go. Multiple doctors immediately advised that there was a lot to lose, from mild to severe side effects and even death.
“Here’s what I don’t get,” Noah said. “Trump is acknowledging he’s not a doctor while legitimate doctors who could answer these questions are standing right there next to him. Why are we getting his opinion at all? Imagine if you went in for a check-up and there was just some random dude behind your doctor giving his opinion.”
Check out how that might go down below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- What to do if you can't pay rent now
- How to switch off from work when home is your office
- 8 sleep tips if coronavirus anxiety is keeping you up at night
- How long does coronavirus live in the air?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.