We've all had our fair share of bad dates. It's all too easy to find yourself breaking bread with someone who looked good on paper, but who's actually pretty terrible once you meet him or her in person.
But however bad your last bad date went, just know that it could have been much worse. Need proof? Below, Redditors share some of the most awkward things to ever happen to them on a date.
Read it and weep (for them).
1. "I ate really spicy tacos a few hours before the date. We went to a posh restaurant. I had to go to bathroom three times during the two hours we were there. The waiters were staring, she was looking embarrassed by me. After dinner, she said I should go home and rest. No second date."
2. "I leaned in for the kiss. Our lips connected. I burst out laughing and snorted. Safe to say that was the end of that."
3. "I was a month fresh out of a four-year relationship and a cute co-worker asked me out on a date. But I got too drunk and just kept talking about my ex the whole time. She gave me a second chance a month later and I did it again."
4. "I took her to a nice romantic movie, 'The Road.' My friends still make fun of me for that."
5. "On our first date, he did a bump of coke in front of me. At least do it in the bathroom like a freaking gentleman."
6. "I met her father. I meant to say 'pleasure to meet you.' I ended up saying 'I am pleasure.' Ugh."
7. "We went to a Spanish restaurant and I was already way, way too nervous when I got there. I got kind of lost, a little sweaty and I was late, so I sprinted into the place. We sat down and I am trying to play it cool, but then when the waitress comes over I realized that I hadn't really even looked at the menu so I just picked something. Whatever, the menu was entirely in Spanish, anyway, so I probably wouldn't have known what it was. When the food came it was a whole fish: bones, head, eyeballs, scales, the entire thing. And I ate it. It was really good, but that is probably the least attractive thing you can eat in front of someone. No second date."
8. "I took her to McDonalds."
9. "We drove to a live dance performance about 30 minutes away. Once the show was over I realized my keys were missing. We retraced our steps to the car and found them in the ignition with all the doors locked. I called my brother who was also my roommate to bring me my spare key. He said he had just put some laundry in and had to wait for it so we were stuck there for an extra hour and a half."
10. "I went to a Mexican restaurant and drank a few margaritas with a girl I had just met. I had a few too many and somehow I ended up sweeping her legs out from under her as we were walking back to the car and she went down! I have no idea how it happened -- maybe my leg was too close to hers or something -- but it was a perfect leg sweep."
11. "I assumed he was gay and therefore hadn't grasped that it was a date."
12. "I said 'love ya' as she dropped me off (I didn't have a license)."
13. "I sliced my finger to the bone with a glass ashtray. (I was banging the tray on the table to the beat of the music and it shattered in my hand). There was an impressive amount of blood. At least I got a ride to the ER from her."
14. "Before the first date with this woman, I texted my friend, 'Dude, it's going to rain on Friday and I only have $30. Got any suggestions for me?' It didn't go to my friend. It went to my date."
15. "I once shook my date's hand when we were saying goodbye. That was profoundly awkward."