Need a guilt-free chocolate fix? We’ve got you covered.
Our 100% dark chocolate no-bakes will satisfy your sweet tooth while protecting your heart and brain health. Polyphenols are antioxidants found in cocoa. They prevent cell damaging free radicals from breaking down healthy disease fighting cells.
These decadent no-bakes also contain a powerful punch of heart healthy omega-3’s and fiber thanks to the flax meal and chia seeds.
Toss one in your gym bag for a post workout snack or make a batch for a family movie night.
(makes 18-20 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ c coconut sugar
- ½ c unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (100% cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ c peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 ½ c oats, gluten-free old fashioned
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the sugar, almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Fold in the peanut butter, oats, cocoa nibs, flax meal, and chia seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Use a small cookie scoop to form the no-bakes.
- Allow the no-bakes to cool completely before placing them in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
~Healthy Happy Snacking!