Coffee tables are one of those pieces of furniture that you find in almost every single home and unfortunately, most of them end up looking the same: covered with old magazines and whatever clutter was carried through the door that day.
The exception? The surfaces you see here. They don't just single-handedly prove that a couple bold books and carefully-chosen accents can go a long way, but they also remind us what a coffee table can (and should) look like as well. Check out the decor ideas that caught our eye in the stellar examples below.
1. A modern tray gives design structure while maintaining organization.
2. Fresh flowers provide a focal point of color and bring new life to the space.
3. Objects on books (on even more books) give dramatic depth to a basic base.
4. A tufted ottoman or pair of stools makes for a cozy coffee table alternative.
5. Metallic or monochromatic accents are the perfect way to fill those awkwardly blank spots.
6. Squares on circles -- or circles on squares -- create an eye-catching contrast.
7. The more you display, the more you add personality.
8. But keeping things minimal makes a strong statement.
9. Just don't forget to leave space for the most important part -- it is a "coffee" table, after all.
Are you an architect, designer or blogger and would like to get your work seen on HuffPost Home? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Project submission." (All PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)