Men's fashion and lifestyle magazine Details will officially halt production after publishing its December 2015/January 2016 issue, Condé Nast President Bob Sauerberg announced in a memo on Wednesday.
Sauerberg, who will succeed Chuck Townsend as CEO in January, said the company is aiming to "evolve our business and respond to the changing behavior of our audience."
The company said it will merge Details, which had 532,266 print subscribers this year, with the company's other male-focused publication, GQ. Condé Nast is planning to increase GQ Style's online presence by launching GQStyle.com, but Details.com will continue to operate during the transition.
An estimated 80 percent of Details' 60 staff members will be laid off, with the remaining estimated 20 percent of staffers expected to cross over into other positions within the company, a Condé Nast spokesman told The Huffington Post on Wednesday.
Sauerberg also announced that certain teams at Glamour and Self will begin to merge. He assured Condé Nast staff that the editorial teams of each publication will remain independent, but their sales and marketing teams will come together under the leadership of Connie Anne Phillips, Glamour's publisher and chief revenue officer.
Dan Peres, editor-in-chief of Details, Drew Schutte, the magazine's publisher and chief revenue officer, and Mary Murcko, publisher and chief revenue officer of Self, will be leaving the company as a result of the shake-up, the memo stated.
Also on HuffPost: